The Defender D90 Project

I have a Defender D90 shell on a Vaterra Ascender chassie but it is starting to look a mess, partly due to me leaving it last minute to spray and build the truck just before the RRCI Scale Nations 2015 August meet up. We were still working on it late into Friday night ready for the morning.

As you can see we managed to get the truck running and it looked good, this didn’t last very long. It turns out spraying 6 lays of under coat, spray and lacquer all within about 5 hours does not allow the paints to adhere correctly.

As the shell is designed to fit a SCX10 the wheels didn’t align up perfectly leading to quite a bit of rubbing, I learnt a lot that weekend and have since decided it’s about time I redo the whole truck. I will be posting up regular updates on my progress which will hopefully be of interest.

Leave a Reply

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Next ArticleBeginning work on the fenders (Defender D90)